Sunday, March 22, 2009

Rings and THings


WELl:

Just in case you didn't know - I'M ENGAGED..

Yes thats right - to the most handsome, gorgeous, gallant guy in the whole of St Leonards. (where he lives)

{I couldnt say in the whole of the State or I think Dale might hit me over the head if he reads this blog..}

Anyway -- Here's how it happens..

Tuesday afternoon we head into town to get my ring size and chat to the jewellers about resetting a ring which I had previously picked out. The jeweller says this might take up to THREE WHOLE WEEKS to get done and I am thinking "Oh ME, Oh My" because I am KNOWING that Kyle wants a ring in the proposal .. So i resign to wait ANOTHEr  3 Weeks UNtil I can SNAG my FAVOURITEST PERSON IN St Leonards (again just for Dale)

Wednesday I come home from a messy day at school to find a note on the door which says

"If you love me eternally 
(isnt he just the sweetest?) 
have a shower put on a nice dress and meet me at City Park

Love Kyle

p.s Im looking good"

NOW I am thinking" what is this all about? I thought we had agreed to do the washing up when I got home from school" .. actually it was more like 

" Why hasn't he done the washing up when I asked him to do it some-time today (there's the reason, should've said before I got back from school) I bet he's taking me on a date so he can get out of it"  

ANyway - these thoughts all happen in a split second thought moment as they do and I quickly get over it (YES GUYS if you ever want to get out of the washing up there is your answer!)

 So i do a little girly "giggle" and jump in the shower then I spend the next 30 minutes trying on various frocks and thinking " I wonder what colour he is wearing " and " Is this too good looking - I dont want him to feel overshadowed;) "

About 5:30 I am ready and go and find my LoVe

City Park - is looking awfully gorgeous since it was such a nice day and I find him at the Chess board.

He dances with me, he woo's me, I swoon .. We re-enact I am sixteen going on seventeen from the sound of music on the bench seats around the Chess board. 

I sit down on the seat - he bobs in front of me and looks at me mysteriously.. I let out a flirty "mmm..?"

Kyle " I have an important question to ask"
Jess " You may ask me a very important question"
Kyle "Jessica Mary Gibson (you know he is serious when he says my middle name) Will you Marry me "

and for a second I'm astounded because he pulls out a ring... MY RING?!

Jess "YES!"  and we all live happily ever after.

So he had gone and purchased it to SUPRISE ME! WHAt a SUPRISE!! I was truly SUPRISED!

(it was a bit big but i wore it proudly all that night before we took it in to get resized and reset the next day.)

and now it will be done in a WEEk.. such blessings!!





 

6 comments:

The Kings said...

So cool!!!!! Congrats.

Nettie's Blog said...

WHY WASN'T I TOLD...YOU ARE SERIOUSLY IN TROUBLE JESSICA MARY GIBSON....... BUT CONGRATULATIONS YOU GUYS ...THAT IS THE BEST NEWS EVER...SO I BETTER BE TOLD THE WEDDING DATE BEFORE YOU TELL THE blog OR YOU ARE IN DEEP TROUBLE....

Simone Triffitt said...

Wow that is a lovely romantic proposal you will always remember. was there anyone else at the park watching you?

melandpeter said...

You guys are just beautiful! It really is the most wonderful time of your life!! I love the whole newly engaged feeling, enjoy enjoy enjoy. It gets even better from here...

Chelsea Parsons said...

awwww, I have tears! Congrats guys! Let's talk photos soon!!!!!!

Collette said...

Your engaged?? oh that's right i think i saw something on facebook...teehee...thats some serious bling bling ling ling!