Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Truth

35.4 weeks pregnant.

 

My hormones are happily flying all around my head.

 

It's like they're not even a part of me any more, like they have a mind and will of their own.

 

Swirling around my head. Buzzing and whirring.

 

I've gone into complete end of pregnancy mode.

 

Some days I have the energy of a raging bull and I scrub and clean and nest and feel on top of the world.

 

Other days I feel fat and heavy and tired and I just want to sleep and sleep and sleep because all my energy is gone.

 

Yesterday Boy woke up with a sniffle which started running and gained momentum later in the evening.

 

The arm smearing and sniffing and grumpiness began and continued through the entire night, a little vomiting at 11pm just adding to the nightmare.

 

So one person in our house feels like their eyes will fall out of their head today from tiredness and the other is hyperactive from lack of sleep, and continuing to smear mucus all over the house.

 

( N.B: I'm the tired one. )

 

So we cancelled plans and I did what any good - tired, heavily pregnant mother of a sick three year old would do...

 

I put ABC kids on the T.V.

 

It's been on ALL day.

 

I hate the T.V on so many levels, I hate watching kids shows.

 

But it is the absolute best on days like today.

 

We always need more than one coping mechanism in our arsenal, and I thank the person who invented the T.V on days like today.

 

Even more. I thank the person who came up with the idea of having just a children's channel on free to air T.V

 

Boy thinks it's the best treat to sit and watch T.V because he's never allowed.

 

He's quiet, he's in the one spot.

 

He's not making any mess.

 

Thankyou. Thankyou.

 

Tired pregnant women all over Australia with sick pre-schoolers adore you ABC kids.

 

 

2 comments:

The Kings said...

lol! Hope the rest of your pregnancy goes fast Jess :)

Eloise P said...

There are DEFINITELY days I am thankful for a kids only channel on free to air tv! Only Florence never sits still watching it... She usually makes mess AND watches. You lucky thing that Bastian sat still! :P

I'm pretty sure parents all over Australia will be up in arms if something happens to the ABC because of the government.