Wednesday, January 01, 2014

Resolve

It smells like rain. The sweet scent of grass and water swirls through the summer breeze into my lungs.

 

It's been a warm week. Not hot. Just warm. And today the fluffy white clouds of yesterday have disappeared into the sky and a grey din has spread across the shire.

 

The rain, falls gently at first, from within the grey.

 

And the air swirls with action. Change is brewing.

 

It is in the air. It is in the first day of the new year. It is in my heart.

 

I cower. But my lungs take in the scent of the sweet, cleansing rain and I take courage as I look toward the horizon.

 

I want to be free. I want to be the wind as it rolls across the grassy yard and whips the leaves of the trees.

 

And like the wind I will never, ever come back to this moment again.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

1 comment:

Jess [Bradbury] Wheeler said...

I still think you should write a book.
Posts like this make me hope you will!