Wednesday, March 03, 2010

SensoRy SqUare

TODAy:

Obviously I do not have much to do during the day, in way on entertainment here is what I did today... I suppose at least I'm being constructive & doing things to do with the baby.

This is a sensoRy cuBe (got the idea from Toni's blog) all the sides have different textures or things sewn onto them. I tried to choose patterns that were bold and high in contrast because apparently thats what babies like best..

Put some bells on the inside so when it moves it makes ding-a-ling noises (I might regret that decision later) all in all pretty happy with the results. I hope the baby likes it & doesn't have sensoRy cubE overload.

I also managed to whip up some blankets/swaddles...



Its nice to spend time making things for baby boy - especially when you see the price of blankets etc in the shops.. Its nice to be able to pick the colours and textures as well, 30 weeks this week. Not long now.

6 comments:

Nettie's Blog said...

Woooowww Girl ......you are on fire...what speed are you up to on that sewing machine now...ha ha

The Kings said...

I'm very impressed with all this sewing Jess!! I didn't realise you were such a Molly!! ;)

Simone Triffitt said...

I love the colours. can't wait to see everything you have made. yay 30wks. Countdown begins. Now instead of saying i am 31 wks etc, you can now say, i have 9 wks to go.............arrgh

Collette said...

can you PLEASE get a life??!! bored of commenting on your sewing! hey you could make something for ME now that would be cool!!

Stephen and Chernoa said...

Hey jess! i thought i better make a comment since i read your blog and you probably have no idea:) i hope thats okay?? Loving all this stuff you are making...your so talented:) Can i make a request???? Let us see the BUMP???? If you wanna check out my blog send me your email to sandcsaunders@gmail.com:) thanks for letting me drop in:) Chernoa xoxox

make it perfect said...

Really cute! Love that Ikea fabric - so lucky you get to go there!!!

Oh and I LOVE the sewing blog posts, they make me smile :)