Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Clumsy Mumsy

Do you ever have those days where you can't do anything right?

Well.. I am having one of those weeks. I am getting absolutely positively frustrated with everything.

It started Friday night when I was making my flower for the ball...

 

 
No matter what I did I wasn't satisfied with the button in the middle. Until I finally settled on surrounding it with a smaller row of petals and gave up.
Funnily enough, the next day I loved it and couldn't see why I had such a problem with it...
Sunday morning I couldn't pick my outfit for church because none of them felt just right.
Monday I scrubbed and scrubbed those darn laundry tiles and the grout in between but I just seemed to make them worse. And they tormented me with their rotten dark grout....
 
 
But today I think they are perfectly scrubbed and clean.
I've been dropping things, breaking things, knocking things.. Stubbing my toe, hitting me elbow and just generally having a rotten time of it all.
I don't know where my head is this week.
I think it has gone on holidays.
 
Last night I read:
D & C 78:17-19
Verily, verily, I say unto you, ye are little children, and ye have not as yet understood how great blessings the Father hath in his own hands and prepared for you;
And ye cannot bear all things now; nevertheless, be of good cheer, for I will lead you along. The kingdom is yours and the blessings there of are yours, and the riches of eternity are yours.
And he who receiveth all things with thankfulness shall be made glorious; and the things of this earth shall be added unto him, even an hundred fold, yea, more.

 

So today, after banging my head on the shower tap ( the last straw ) I am sitting here trying to rid my head of the clumsy fuzz and be thankful for the things I do have.
 
------------
I am thankful for Boy, who cuddled me and wiped my frustrated tears from my cheeks as I sat on the lounge room floor and sobbed over my throbbing head.
He said " Mumma sad?" and looked at me with big dishey eyes while wiping the tears from my cheeks. " Mumma cuddle" and he wrapped his little arms around my shoulders.
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

melandpeter said...

OOOH! Big hugs to you Jess. And then a big hug tomorrow when we see you. I'll make us some nice wraps for lunch and there is some pumpkin soup left over for Boy too.
I do love that you said hit 'me' elbow. He he. xx

Nettie's Blog said...

sending you a huge nettie cuddle and a sloppy kiss ....just wished i lived close enough to come and help you scrub that place ..i know that you are doing a MAGNIFICENT job as a Saddie and a SupeMum...XXXXX